Romantic Getaway. Here at esKape Press, we welcome all heat levels of romance from super sweet to super sexy, including same-sex relationships, series and single titles. (NOTE: absolutely no incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation.) Manuscript should be between 10,000-100,000 words. Romance should be the key element in the plot with focus on the emotional building of the relationships. The heat level should fit the story. These books should have a happily ever after (HEA) or a happily for now (HFN) ending. Heat levels/subgenres for Romance include:
- Burning Desire Getaway (sex, sex, sex). While esKape Press doesn't publish erotica or erotic romance, books in our Burning Desire line should have explicit sex scenes and erotic elements. These stories should have a heavy sensual element as part of the main focus, while also including strong character building and an original plot. Burning Desire books should contain strong sexual content for mature audiences. No incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation.
- Simply Steamy Getaway (sex but no BDSM, S & M, etc.). A step down from Burning Desire, our Simply Steamy line should focus on an emotionally driven relationship for the protagonist with strong sexual attraction/tension as a driving force for encounters. While romance should drive the story for a Simply Steamy, sex should still be a strong element.
- Kiss and Tell Getaway (kissing, petting, strong sensuality, no explicit sex scenes). This line is for the reader who wants to know the protagonist is sexually active but doesn't have to read all the details. Ramp up the sexual tension, kissing, petting, but keep the sex for behind closed doors or fade-to-black. These stories should be more emotionally driven with sexual tension as a secondary element.
- Heartwarming Getaway (romance, kissing, no pink parts, no sex scenes). Romance should be the driving force behind our Heartwarming stories. These should fall more in line with clean or "sweet" reads, G-rated for all ages. They should be driven by the emotion and have a sweeter feel than our other lines.
- Yesterday Getaway (all heat levels of historical fiction). These stories should be set in the past and can fall into any of the above heat levels. While the historical element is essential to the story, the plot or narrative shouldn't be a history lesson. Yesterday submissions should have a strong romantic element and be character driven with the setting being essential only where it is important to the story.
- Flipside Getaway (same sex relationships – all heat levels). This line is dedicated to same sex relationships. All genres and heat levels will fall into this category (everything from sweet/emotion driven to explicit sex). Flipside romances will be subject to the same guidelines as other lines regarding content; i.e., No incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation.
Cosmic Creations Getaway. All things supernatural, paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi. The story may or may not contain a romance or romantic elements. Multiple heat levels will be considered, but sexual encounters must fit the story. Cosmic Creations is subject to the same restrictions as other lines regarding sexual content. No incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation.
Mystery and Adventure Getaway. Everything from technical to CSI/crime to cozy mysteries to action and adventure. The story may or may not contain a romance or romantic elements. Multiple heat levels will be considered but the sexual encounter must fit the story. Mystery and Adventure Getaway is subject to the same restrictions as other lines regarding sexual content. No incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation.
YANA Getaway. Young Adult and New Adult (all genres). Young Adult manuscripts should have protagonists aging from 13-18 and should be of particular interest to teens and young adults. A romantic theme is not necessary and may or may not be included. Mature subject matter will be accepted if dealt with in a sensitive manner, and mature content warnings will be applied as necessary. No incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation. New Adult manuscripts should have at least one protagonist between the age of 19-23 (college age) with more of an adult subject matter. These stories can either contain a romantic theme or not, with romance-driven stories to have high sexual tension. No incest, explicit sexual scenes with minors, bestiality, or rape for titillation.
Tender Hearts Getaway. Emotionally driven stories about first love or exploring budding sexuality, including both same-sex and heterosexual relationships. These should resemble our Heartwarming line with regard to content but may include more sexual angst if it fits the story. However, stories should include elements of exploring the emotions behind falling in love for the first time. Depictions of physical encounters should be kept to a minimum and limited to hugs and kisses.
NOTE: In no line of esKape Press books may violence for the sake of violence be included, and where violence is called for as part of the story, it must be handled in a tasteful manner, not written simply to add horror or gore.
If you have questions/concerns please feel free to fill out the contact form by following the link at the top of the page or email us at email@example.com.